- A third person in the US is confirmed to have been infected with the Wuhan coronavirus.
- The person, who has not been identified, contacted state health officials and entered isolation while the CDC confirmed that the person had been infected, according to the Orange County Register.
- California officials believe there was no person-to-person transmission in the county and „risk of local transmission remains low.“
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A case of the Wuhan coronavirus has been reported in Orange County, California, bringing the total number of people infected with the deadly virus in the United States to three.
The Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHA) reported than an individual who traveled to the US from the city of Wuhan in China’s Hubei province had been in contact with the agency, according to the Orange County Register.
A „traveler from Wuhan, China, has been in contact with the HCA and was provided guidance in order to reduce exposure to the public while awaiting laboratory confirmation from the CDC. The individual has now been transported to a local hospital and is in isolation in good condition,“ the OCHA said in a statement late Saturday, per the Orange County Register.
CNN reported Sunday that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) had confirmed that the individual had tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus. The individual (who has not been identified) now joins a Chicago woman in her 60s and Washington state man in his 30s, who have also been diagnosed with the virus that is believed to have started at a Chinese wet market.
The OCHA said it did not believe that any person-to-person transmission of the coronavirus had occurred within Orange County, and the agency was working with the CDC and the California Department of Public Health to reach out to all individuals who had contact with the infected person.
The news comes amid reports of the further spread of the virus around the world, including the first reported case in Canada on Saturday. Still, the majority of the impact is felt in China, with 56 reported deaths and more than 2,000 reported infections.
„The current risk of local transmission remains low,“ the OCHA said.
- „Ein sehr kranker Mann“ – Trump wütet gegen Impeachment-Ankläger, der fühlt sich bedroht
- Adeles Personal Trainerin sagt, dass Intervallfasten schlecht für euch ist, rät dazu, alle zwei bis drei Stunden zu essen
- Das sind die zehn bestbezahlten Sportler der Welt – ein Schweizer ist auch dabei
- Corona-Virus: „Jedes Land muss vorbereitet sein“, so WHO Europa
- „Griechenland ist zurück“ – griechischer Premier reagiert auf neue Fitch-Ratings-Einstufung