The Motorola Razr, revisited.Motorola
- Motorola announced its new $1,500 Razr smartphone with a nearly identical flip-phone design as the original from the mid 2000s.
- The new Razr has a 6.2-inch foldable screen and a 2.7-inch screen on the outside.
- It’s pretty tall and incredibly thin when it’s unfolded, but it folds down to a compact device that’s smaller than any phone with a 6.2-inch screen.
- The specs aren’t too impressive, at least on paper, but it’s too early to tell the new Razr’s performance.
- The new Razr will be available to pre-order on December 26, and it’ll be fully released in January 2020.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rejoice, those of you who remember Motorola’s iconic Razr flip phone from the mid 2000s — it’s back.
In 2019, the Razr return in the form of a foldable smartphone with the same name, and even a nearly identical-yet-modernized design.
Even those who don’t remember it, Motorola’s new Razr looks like an ultra-sleek smartphone with a large screen that folds down into a compact square-like device.
The new Motorola Razr was announced on Wednesday, and it’ll be available to pre-order exclusively on Verizon in the US starting December 26. It’ll be fully released in January 2020 at Verizon stores, a few Walmart locations, and Motorola’s website.
Outside the US, the new Razr will be available in Canada in January 2020, and it’ll be available to buy in select markets in Europe in December 2019. It’ll also be available in Latin America, Asia, and Australia.
Now here’s the gut-wrencher. It costs $1,500.
Check out everything you need to know about Motorola’s new Razr foldable smartphone: