Whoopi Goldberg speaks during a taping of “The View” on Thursday with guests Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle (third and fourth from the right).Lou Rocco/ABC via Getty Images
- Donald Trump Jr. and his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle appeared on “The View” Thursday to promote his new book, “Triggered.”
- The audience loudly booed and cheered through the show, to the point where moderator Whoopi Goldberg had to quiet everyone down during a commercial break, according to Jeremy Barr’s The Hollywood Reporter.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
The audience was so loud during Donald Trump Jr.’s appearance on “The View” that moderator Whoopi Goldberg had to order them to calm down during a commercial break, according to a reporter who was in the crowd.
Jeremy Barr of The Hollywood Reporter was present for Thursday’s taping with Trump Jr. and his girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle.
Panelist Joy Behar noted the presence of Trump supporters early on, and a camera panned to the audience to show a group of cheering men in the front row. Barr said one of the men was wearing a hat that said “Who Killed Epstein?”, referencing the conspiracy theory that sex offender Jeffrey Epstein did not die by suicide as the medical examiner officially concluded.
Fans of Donald Trump Jr. applaud during his appearance on “The View” on November 7, 2019.“The View”/ABC
Throughout the segment, it was hard to hear to anyone speak, due to a combination of the guests and panelists talking over each other and the boos and cheers coming from the audience.
Barr said the noise got so bad that during the first commercial break during the interview, Goldberg addressed the audience: “The booing is f—ing us up. It’s messing with everyone’s mic.”
A member of the audience also tried to confront Goldberg during a commercial break by bringing up controversial remarks she had said in relation to Roman Polanski, Barr reported.
Goldberg wasn’t the only one to get annoyed with the audience on Thursday. Barr said that during one point in the show, panelist Meghan McCain turned to a man wearing a Trump hat in the audience and said, “If you can let me speak, I would appreciate it.”
- Read more:
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wild interview on ‘The View’ went off the rails while he tweeted attacks on the show’s hosts
- Whoopi Goldberg slams Debra Messing and compares public shaming of Trump donors to McCarthyism
- ‘Don’t feel bad for me, b—-‘: Meghan McCain and Joy Behar got into a spirited argument over Trump on ‘The View’
- ‘The View’ cohosts keep getting censored for their anti-Trump rants