Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Shutterstock
- More than 20,000 expats living in 187 countries and regions rated various aspects of their lives away from home for InterNations, an expat network based in Germany.
- They were asked questions from the cost of living, to the quality of medical care, to the ease of making local friends.
- Their answers were then weighted and calculated to rank the top 30 countries in the world for expats.
- Scroll down to see what those countries are.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Finding a new country that isn’t too expensive, is fun, and has good job prospects isn’t easy.
That’s why every year, the InterNations expat network asks people from 187 countries and regions to rate various aspects of their home away from home, from the cost of living, to the quality of medical care, to the ease of making local friends.
This year, the network interviewed more than 20,000 expats from around the world about their lives and weighted their responses to rank the top 30 countries in the world overall. Every country had a sample size of at least 40 respondents.
Scroll down to see if your country made the list.