Ken Griffin’s $238 million NYC penthouse is the most expensive home ever sold in the US.“Heidi Gutman/CNBC/NBCU via Getty; Larry Busacca/Getty; Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
- Billionaire hedge-fund manager Ken Griffin has been on a real-estate spending spree.
- In January, he purchased a $238 million NYC penthouse that’s now the most expensive home sale in the US.
- Most recently, he dropped $99.13 million on a home in Palm Beach that sits next door to his massive 17-acre oceanfront property, according to the Palm Beach Daily News.
- Other notable recent transactions include a $58.75 million purchase in Chicago and a $122 million London mansion.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Ken Griffin has been on a real-estate spending spree this year.
In January, he dished out $238 million for a sprawling New York City apartment. The 23,000-square-foot penthouse unit at 220 Central Park South is now the most expensive home ever sold in the US; it shattered the previous record, a $137 million Hamptons home purchased by Barry Rosenstein in 2014, by more than $100 million.
But that’s just the tip of the real estate iceberg.
Just days before news of his NYC purchase was announced, news broke of Griffin’s $122 million mansion purchase in London. According to Bloomberg, the historic mansion is about a half-mile from Buckingham Palace. And, on January 11, the Chicago Tribune reported that he dropped $58.75 million on four top-level floors in a Near North condo in Chicago.
Most recently, he dropped $99.13 million on a home in Palm Beach that sits next door to his massive 17-acre oceanfront property — the largest estate in Palm Beach, according to the Palm Beach Daily News.
Here’s a quick look at some of Griffin’s notable properties, in the US and beyond.